Monday, March 10, 2008

Day 15 - Just Keep Swimming...

"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....oh how I love to swim, swim, swim." ~ Dori

And I agree! Holy goggles, Batman! I love to swim.

I used to swim competitively as a child, and never knew how much I missed the water, and lap after lap after lap....

Making a commitment to go vegan has taken me out of the world, so to speak. I don't belong to the throngs of omnivores eating out and going through drive-thru's after clubs, ordering pizza, etc. I have completely disconnected from this social thing of eating.

That being said, I am becoming more creative on all fronts. I have a stair master in my house, and for exercise I would walk the dogs, do the stair master, lift weights, pilates...yoga. It has been that way for at least 8 years.

A couple of days ago I decided to go to the pool. It was so incredibly cathartic. I felt like a child...or at least felt the joy of a child (because let me tell you, swimming is not like riding a bike..I felt less like I was swimming and more like I was gasping for air and trying not to drown). But, I really felt like I had found something I had lost. Something untainted and pure. I can just keep going...lap after lap....I feel so free. I have been desperate for a healthy escape like this!

I don't know what caused this amazing revelation, or what the true catalyst was, but I know more things are coming to me because I am actively searching for answers.

No comments: