Thursday, February 28, 2008

Day 4 - My Ratties

I'm vegan as vegan can be! No cravings....although I feel like I am detoxing more, and feeling a bit sluggish. I must up my elimination so I don't get too toxic.

On a sadder note, I have two hairless rats. My one love, Nacho, was diagnosed with cancer in December. He is still frisky and doing well, but I was listening to his lungs today and hear a popping sound. That can't be good. I spend several hours a day with him...but I will start watching him closer in case there are signs of suffering.

I have two dogs, 1 cat, 1 parrot, and 27 finches in a gigantic aviary, but out of all of them, and all of the countless other animals I have rescued and lived with, these little rats have taught me more about humanity, mortality and true fighting spirit than any other creature. Nacho is my hero! He will not go silently....he truly loves living.

No comments: