Monday, February 25, 2008

Day 1 - With Both Feet

I woke up this morning with Lindt Truffles and a giant Resees peanut butter cup next to my bed. I bought them a few days ago to enjoy them before I started my 6 months of veganism. Damnit! I forgot to eat them...so I attempted to convince myself that I will start tomorrow....one last decadent treat.

I didn't eat them...gave them to my mother. Today is one of my best friend's birthday, and I wanted a memorable start date.

But, this highlights why I'm not staying vegan. Something is significantly wrong with me if I am afraid to fail because I will give into my cravings for animal products + at the same time know that animals are harmed in the process of making these non-vegan foods, AND still manage to enjoy eating them.....or allow myself to eat them period!

I am in such desperate need to turn off that compulsive craving for unhealthy foods, and open my eyes to that temporary denial which seems to intoxicate me when I allow myself to eat something rotten....literally.

The two parts of me just don't connect...i.e. the animal activist and compulsive overeater. I must have a diplomacy meeting and make these two hold hands and play nice!

No comments: